A variety of scholarships are available. Please refer to the websites below for details, and make inquiries through them.
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) scholarships
- Public corporation scholarships
- Local government scholarships
- Promotion Project for Academic Research Activities Etc.
- Junior TA Program
- The University of Tokyo Optics and Advanced Laser Science by Innovative Funds for Students (OASIS)
- Goldman Sachs Scholars Fund scholarships
- Goldman Sachs Scholars Fund special-assistance scholarships for victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake
- The University of Tokyo Alumnae Association (Satsuki-kai) scholarships
- Scholarships for international students etc.
In addition to the above, The University of Tokyo also provides assistance to excellent students (including working professionals) through its Grants for Ph.D. Research Scheme.
(Furthermore, the Department of Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies provides
assistance to its graduate students through its own scholarship fund.)