Graduate School Information


Questions common to both working members of society and the public

Q. When and how should I contact the supervisors I want to learn from?
A. Please contact them at least 3 to 4 months prior to your application directly through the telephone numbers or email addresses listed on the website.
Q. What is the entrance examination like?
A. An oral examination will be done based on the submitted materials such as research plan reports, TOEFL scores and TOEIC scores. There will be a question and answer session after a 12 minute presentation. You will be allowed to use PowerPoint.
Q. What level of English would be necessary to be accepted?
A. It is a prerequisite that your English level doesn't hinder you when you write a doctor thesis or do research. Please keep in mind that you will be required to submit a TOEFL score (or if you are applying to the innovator's course, a TOEIC score) at the time of application. We do not announce the acceptance criteria.
Q. What are the likely future paths after getting a doctoral degree?
A. Most of the working members of society go back to their original jobs. Others become researchers at corporations or stay at the university to continue with their research and educate new people.

Questions from working members of society

Q. Is it possible to enter without a master's degree?
A. Yes. If we decide that you have the right of entrance, such as experience for two or more years at corporations or research centers with which we will have prior investigations, you may apply. Please see the application requirements for more information.
Q. I have a master's degree but I do not have research achievements such as a treatise. Will I qualify for application?
A. Yes, a master's thesis will be enough to qualify for application. For individual concerns, please consult the supervisor you wish to learn from.
Q. Is it possible to both have a job and finish the course?
A. It definitely isn'nt an easy task. However, there have been many who earned a degree while balancing the course with work or parenting. There are also long term courses for those with full-time jobs. For other concerns, please see P.09.
Q. I heard that you could receive either a Ph.D in engineering or arts and science. How is that decided?
A. It will be decided by consulting your supervisors.